This Sunday 25 March come along to Maribyrnong’s Family Bike Day and hear all about the council's current…
Sydney commuter The Smut Pedaller (!) reviews the Carradice Duxback Waxed Cotton Cape.
- It’s quite a heavy material but it feels durable instead of flimsy like modern synthetic materials.
- The cape works best on a more upright bike as it is less cumbersome. [O]n a drop bar bike and it is fine but it just feels a bit weird with the hunched over position.
- The Duxback cape has many little features that aren’t on cheaper capes, a large reflective stripe on the back as well as a waist strap to stop it flying up in a gust and wrist loops at the front so the cape stays attached to your arms.
- Compared to the rain jacket the ventilation is a lot better, you can lift up the cape to get a bit of a breeze going, however since it’s waxed cotton and it sits flat on your back, I find that you do get a little bit of back sweat.
- It is very fast to put on or take off. You can put it on straight over whatever you’re wearing and it’ll keep you dry. This is something that is unmatched by a rain jacket and rain pants.